Metro InsiderDigital Marketing Blog by the Metro Marketeers
Monthly Marketing Guide for August
Looking for ideas to do some brand building on your social channels or in your email newsletter? We got you covered!
It may be the dog days of summer, but it will soon be fall. That means back to school and back to business. Now is the time to ramp up your marketing plan for the remaining months of the year. What better way to promote your service or product than with email marketing!
Emails must play a major role in a business marketing campaign.
- Email Drives Sales – It is estimated that emails prompt sales at a rate three times higher than social media. A study by MarketingSherpa.com show that 71% of consumers prefer receiving promotional emails compared to 17% who prefer receiving social media promotions.
- The Personal Touch – Email has power to send one piece of content to thousands of people while having some level of personalization, says Campaign Monitor. For example, flash-sale site Gilt Groupe sends more than 3,000 variations of its daily email, each tailored based on an individual’s browsing, purchasing, and click history.
- Build Credibility – People do business with people they know, like, and trust. Email is the way for you to build credibility with your audience by sharing helpful and informative content.
- Strengthen Relationships – If you want to build strong customer relationships, it’s important to have an effective tool to communicate with the people who matter most to your business. Email gives you the ability to keep people engaged with your business during your busy season and the slower times of the year.
- Attract New Clients – In addition to connecting with the people on your email list, you can also share your newsletters and announcements on your on social networks to bring new people to your business.
For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect to make a return of $42! (Direct Marketing Association)
Download our Email Promotion Checklist!
A clear, step-by-step process for writing a professional and engaging promotional email series.
August is National Black Business Month
Black business owners account for 10% of U.S businesses and about 30% of all minority-owned businesses. According to the U.S Census Bureau, that amounts to approximately 2 million companies owned by African Americans. Nearly 40% of black-owned businesses are in health care and social assistance, repair and maintenance, and personal and laundry services. Other categories include advertising firms, auto dealerships, restaurants, barbershops and beauty salons, and more.
Hashtags to use: #BlackBusinessMonth #BlackOwnedBusiness
National Farmers Market Week
The first full week of August brings around National Farmers Market Week. Along with it comes the bountiful harvest of fruits and vegetables, ripe for your family’s table. The week is ideally timed to coincide with the seasons when local produce starts to come into full maturity. This year is is planned for August 1st – 6th.
Hashtag to use: #NationalFarmersMarketWeek #FarmersMarket
National Women's Equality Day
Women’s Equality Day marks the certification of the 19th amendment to the Constitution in 1920, which was the right for women to vote in the U.S. The observance of Women’s Equality Day not only commemorates the passage of the 19th amendment, but annually brings attention to the continuing efforts to raise women to full equality across the nation.
Hashtag to use: #WomensEquality
Digital Marketing Specialist
Mathew Phillips is an expert in digital marketing and lead generation services. Mathew has a passion for all things digital marketing from website design and search engine optimization to digital advertising, email marketing and social media.