Metro InsiderDigital Marketing Blog by the Metro Marketeers
How to Respond to Online Reviews
Responding to both positive and negative reviews will maintain a stellar reputation for your business.
Reputation management is a critical component of your businesses digital marketing strategy. This video “How to Respond to Online Reviews” by Metro Annex Interactive describes some simple steps for responding to reviews. Responding to both positive and negative reviews will maintain a positive reputation for your business.
Four Tips for Responding to Positive Reviews
- Thank the customer for their review.
- Mention your business name when responding so it will show up in search results.
- Do a little bit of marketing and mention the product or service the customer used so future customer will see it.
- Ask them to do something like come in again or pread the word about your business.
Four Tips for Responding to Negative Reviews
- Apologies to the customer for the poor experience and show sympathy.
- Do some marketing here as well and mention that this experience is not typical with your business so future customers see how you deal with issues.
- Keep your response short and sweet… and do not mention your business name so the review is less likely to show in search results.
- Take it off line by providing a contact and phone number so you can work with the customer to resolve the issue. You don’t want to air out your dirty laundry on the internet.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Mathew Phillips is an expert in digital marketing and lead generation services. Mathew has a passion for all things digital marketing from website design and search engine optimization to digital advertising, email marketing and social media.